Sign in to follow this  
RJEJ

Roof AC/Heat Pump's Won't Blow Air

We have a 2008 Allegro 32LA. Neither the front or rear AC units blow air. It sounds like the compressors come on but the fans don't start. When I place the control on fan only, they still don't blow any air. I've checked the breaker in the bedroom for both units and in the front bay directly in front of the door, there is a breaker (?) with a small button on the side which I've pushed in but still no luck.

We have had some very cold temps. lately but the motor home is covered so I doubt that ice/snow could have gotten into the units.

Prior to the extreme cold weather the heat pump worked find.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

RJ

Heat pumps only work well when the temp is above freezing. That being said if you have heat pumps the function of heating the coach should switch from the heat pump to the furnace. This switch should be automatic as a function of the thermostat.

Have you turned on your furnace? If so does it work?

Frank

Full Timer

Hi dbik86i,

Being the coach is an 08, I'm going to make some assumptions.

1. You have a 5 button T'stat

2. The brand of heap pumps and T'stat is Duo-Therm.

3. When you try the fan only position, all zones are on fan only.

4. The fan speed, for all zones is on low or high, not auto.

5. You have waited the appropriate amount of time for the fan to start. This could be from a few seconds to a couple of minutes.

If these items are not correct, please post what is the correct configuration. If these items are correct, consider calling a service professional. The fan only position should operate in all conditions. Because neither fans will operate, the only common item is the T'stat and wiring. Dometic's contact number is 260-463-4858. They are in Indiana.

Thanks for the replies. Finally able to move the coach and get on the roof. Either squirrels or maybe a rat had chewed through both AC housings, nested in one, left 3 babies and in the process ripped out some of the wiring. Now I need to figure a way of covering the units with something that a squirrel can't chew through.

Thanks again,

RJ