Sign in to follow this  
LivingLikeEachDayIsMyLast

Motorhome Maintenance

I'm certainly glad I only own one home with wheels attached. The wife and I spent all day yesterday performing maintenance on the Southwind. Checking oil levels in the engine, transmission, leveling system tank, auto park brake tank, power steering tank, brake fluid level and coolant recovery tank, and house battery water level. Greasing every fitting from the driveshaft to the front suspension. Many of these systems are located under the home. I'm getting too old to be crawling around under anything.

Next on the agenda, tightening loose screws everywhere from bouncing down some of the worse roads I've ever traveled over in my lifetime. Inspecting tires for wear and checking air pressures. There is plenty more to do, but I'll have to pace myself. Because of my health and age, it probably seems harder than it actually is, but we love to travel and camping, so it's worth it. Have a great camping day!

Wayne and Deborah

I try to take mine in small bites and spend three or four days doing what took one a few years ago. My biggest problem is waxing the rig. I handle the things that require laying down quite well, or so my bride says. :rolleyes: Due to some health problems, we have stayed home since October and I'm itching to get back on the road, so we started doing all of the small things a bit at the time. By the way, we discovered that a touch of silicone caulk will hold screws which continue to vibrate loose.

Ward

I'm in the same category. What use to take a day now takes a week. Now, I take the months of January and February (I live in south Florida) to complete the annual chassis, engine and tranny maintenance. At the same time I install any new must have after market purchases from the Tampa RV Super Show. This means I have the March and April short trips to make sure everything was done correctly before we start traveling in earnest, beginning in May.