Sign in to follow this  
bob.clapper@rcconstruction.com

Two Rivers Campground, Nashville

Be careful making reservations at Two Rivers Campground in Nashville.

My wife called to make a reservation for a trip in May with a group and she was told they could not provide 50amp service for the week we wanted to stay. My wife made the reservation anyway to hold the spot. I called today to cancel as we need 50amp for our rig. I was told they were going to charge us a 20% cancellation fee.

For a reservation 3 months in advance-- totally ridiculous! We have never had this happen in all the years we have been traveling. We will be staying at the KOA next door with 50 Amp Service and no ridiculous cancellation fees.

Tell a friend before they get charged a fee for receiving no service what so ever!

Guest BillAdams

Have the campground prove that they have a written policy that allows them to cheat a customer in this way. It not only needs to be written, it needs to be legal. They need to be able to prove that they lost money due to your cancellation. Assuming that they do not, call your CC company and dispute the charge. You WILL win and get your full refund.

I have seen many campgrounds, especially in resort areas, which will not return any of your deposit if you cancel a reservation. Many KOA's take a $10 cancellation fee if you cancel which is more than 20% of the cancellation fee that Two Rivers is charging. You might check the policy of the Operyland KOA where you are going to stay. Most of the CGs where I have seen this policy will apply the deposit to a later reservation, if you wish. I have stayed at Two Rivers many times, and I find the owners and staff to be very nice and responsive to their guests.

Guest BillAdams

Clearly they were not this time. That is a totally unacceptable policy for a reservation cancellation that far in advance.