tmoning

Software Upgrade - Helpful Tips

Here are some tips for using the new software, based on what I've seen so far. Feel free to add to this, but confine your posts here to helpful advice. If you have problems, please post those comments in the Software Upgrade Feedback thread. Thanks for all your input.

"View New Content" reveals a list of threads/topics containing posts that you have not yet read. Click a topic and it should take you directly to the first unread post within that topic.

Click the "View topic preview" icon in the topic listing or search results views, and see the first and latest posts without leaving the page.

To make changes to your Profile, click on your photo in the top right corner, then hit "My Profile" button on the right.

To view all of your content (posts, blogs, photos), click your display name in the top right corner and seelect "My Content" from the drop-down menu.

You can make your e-mail address public or private. Click on "My Settings," then the left checkbox called "Notification Options." Under the Privacy Settings heading, check or uncheck (your preference) on "Hide my email address from other members."

The "Notification Options" area is also where you can decide how to receive things. You can choose Email, Personal Conversation (like a Private Message) and/or Inline Notification (pops up in your browser window).

Members can update their "status" by going to the main Forums page and typing it into the window on the right rail. Or by going to Profile and typing it in. The status updates will show in the feed on main page to the right.

Members can Like a topic by scrolling to the very bottom and hitting the "like" button on the left.

Members can Share a topic at the very bottom left through various options such as Twitter, Facebook, Digg, Buzz, Reddit, e-mail, etc.

Changing Your Password, E-mail Address

To change your password and/or e-mail address, click My Settings from the drop-down at the top right corner. Under General Settings, you'll see links for Change Email Address and Change Password. These links will take you to the FMCA.com Update Account page.

To change your displayname, which is also the name shown next to your topics, posts, etc., contact webmaster@fmca.com.

Enjoy!