tsmart11

First Time RVer Blog

Thanks John... I actually found writing about it to be very therapeutic... :rolleyes:

I plan on continuing the blog for my benefit and hopefully other newcomers can benefit from our experience!

Tommy

Great stuff! Please keep writing.

Hang in there tsmart, we've all gone through the same tribulations. It WILL, eventually, get alot more fun and a bit less expensive.

Tim

Guest BillAdams

As the owner of a 1988 coach (no that's not a misprint) I feel your pain. I was luckier with the delivery as I was able to get the dealer to fix the problems we found before we took delivery and they allowed us to spend the weekend at their campground. The additional problems we found they also fixed before we hit the road.

In the last 11 1/2 years of ownership it feels like we have replaced every component on this coach (at least once) but somehow we have never missed an arrival deadline and we have almost always left on time when we needed to travel. I hope you are handy with a wrench and a screwdriver (and some tools you never thought you would need) as you are going to need them due to ongoing issues from now until you get rid of that money pit! I have never been able to let go of mine due to my apparent lack of good common sense but if you can, congratulations! :lol:

Be sure to keep us up-to-date. Misery loves company.

LOL Now buying and using our MH doesn't seem so bad. We bought a 1985 Fleetwood 21' clas C 4yrs ago. Only things we've replaced...so far are the water heater and fridge. Keeping my fingers crossed. Am looking into resealing the roof this summer. Hopefully that won't be too expensive.