boyle908

Ride Enhancement Kit For RR4R Chassis

Has anyone had the ride enhancement kit installed on their RR4R chassis? How good was the improvement?

I have the Bilsteins installed already, the trailing arms replaced with Monaco/Navistar certified heavy duty and all that remains is the air bags & ping tank. I am trying to determine if the additional expense is worth it? Source Engineering has a video @ rv-chassis.com

If the differences are typical it looks like a good deal.

Any information is appreciated.

Michael

I think there was an article on exactly this subject in a recent edition of "Motorhome" magazine. They list the name of the shop that did the work. Maybe the shop could put you in contact with their customer who had the work done.

Tim

I think there was an article on exactly this subject in a recent edition of "Motorhome" magazine. They list the name of the shop that did the work. Maybe the shop could put you in contact with their customer who had the work done.

Tim

Thank you

Just found the article. It is in the January 2011 edition of "Motorhome". The shop is Redlands Truck and RV, in Redlands, Calif. 888-249-0124.

Good luck!

Tim

Just found the article. It is in the January 2011 edition of "Motorhome". The shop is Redlands Truck and RV, in Redlands, Calif. 888-249-0124.

Good luck!

Tim

Thanks again and thanks for taking the time to find it!

Mike

I just had my Monaco Cayman (2009) in for service as I sucked a bag into the engine fan splitting the fan and causing pieces of the bag into the radiator. I decided to replace the fan with the new High Performance Fan from Source Engineering. While it was in the shop, I called Monaco asking them about the trailing arm issue. The tech told me that it was very important to replace the arms as they are seeing failure at around 20k miles. My coach has 6k miles but I decided to do the trailing arms and the Ride Enhancement Kit too.

When they took the trailing arms off, one was cracked. Good thing I had this done. There was also another coach in the shop where the trailing arm had broken in half completely. Man, I am glad this didn't happen to us while on the road. If you have one of the following coaches I would suggest you pay for the repair. Actually, my extended insurance company paid for it.

Manufacturer / Model

Affected Years

Monaco Knight

2002-2004

Monaco Cayman

2002-2009

Holiday Rambler Ambassador

2002-2004

Holiday Rambler Neptune

2002-2009

Safari Cheetah

2002-2006

Safari Zanzibar / Sahara

2002-2005

Safari Simba RD

All Years

Beaver Baron

All Years

As far as the ride goes I only drove for around 40 miles. But, I did notice a much smoother ride, the porpoise effect (front to back motion) was greatly reduced and going over bumps was much better too as new shocks are part of the kit along with an included Ping Tank. All in all I am happy that I got it all done.

Since I first asked the question I have had the ride kit installed and I must say that I am happy with it.

I now have the complete package, trailing arms, air bags & ping tank and shocks. It is a real big improvement and it was definitely worth the cost. I also have the Source fan installed and the power is significantly improved and much more continuous & smooth. Both the ride kit and fan have done what Source said they would do and the combined improvement is really effective.

I also have steer safe and I am happy with it.

Looking forward to some serious comfortable miles this year despite fuel costs. Happy driving to all

Michael Boyle RR4R really improved!

Since I first asked the question I have had the ride kit installed and I must say that I am happy with it.

I now have the complete package, trailing arms, air bags & ping tank and shocks. It is a real big improvement and it was definitely worth the cost. I also have the Source fan installed and the power is significantly improved and much more continuous & smooth. Both the ride kit and fan have done what Source said they would do and the combined improvement is really effective.

I also have steer safe and I am happy with it.

Looking forward to some serious comfortable miles this year despite fuel costs. Happy driving to all

Michael Boyle RR4R really improved!

We just did our first trip with the REK installed. I must say it made a big difference. Before, any time we went over a pot hole, regardless of size, it was bone jarring and would rattle the entire coach. Now, 95% of all bumps, pot holes and anything else thrown at it gives me a much smoother and quieter ride. I agree with Michael's assesment.