rhale

Door replacement - Holiday Rambler Admiral

I am looking for a replacement door for the passenger-side front cargo door of my 2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE.

Does anyone have any experience replacing damaged doors?

I needed 2 replacement doors for the cargo bays on the 2004 HR Endeavor we previously owned and the body shop in Port Charlotte, FL fabricated them in far less time than they could have gotten them from the Monaco factory in Elkhart, IN. Friends of ours needed the same doors about a year before I did and their replacement doors were ordered from the factory and after taking almost 6 months to get them - they were a few inches too wide. The body shop who did their identical coach to ours took the new doors apart and re-sized them. That process took almost 8 months to complete while our coach was repaired and repainted in 5 weeks from the time we dropped it at the shop.

I do need to mention that both of us needed these doors right at the time Monaco was restructuring after being taken over by Navistar. I'm sure that was part of the reason for the long delays in delivering new doors, not an excuse for them not fitting our friend's coach though. We have camped together for 25 years and have had matching RV's a couple times over the years. I guess that's why we both had run-ins with RV park posts within months of each other and 1000 miles apart. LOL (it wasn't nearly as funny at the time as it is more than a year later)

I would try and contact an insurance adjuster in your area and see if he can recommend a shop that is capable of making a new door to the dimensions you need and if that is not successful, then try calling Monaco with your coach VIN number and see what they have to offer in a new door. They might be able to paint it but I think it is easier to match the paint and lines if you have it painted after it is installed on your coach.

I am looking for a replacement door for the passenger-side front cargo door of my 2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE.

Does anyone have any experience replacing damaged doors?

rhale and NavyDad89, welcome to the forum. :)

rhale,try going on the web and looking for RV Salvage Companies. There may be one in your area or any where that might have the doors you need. Be sure and have the mesurements of your old doors so they can check sizes.

Hope this helps.

First of all thanks for taking the time to respond. I will take your advice. I'm in Anchorage Alaska so there may not be a resource like that here- maybe I'll get lucky. I just sick about damaging the door. I brushed up against a snow bank. Thanks again Ron :)

NavyDad89,

Thanks for the response. Great suggestions-- I will try them. If I have to wait as long as you did two seasons will go by.

I am in Alaska and this is the earliest I have ever taken my HR out.

Maybe I can laugh about this in a few years.

Thanks Again,

Ron