Sign in to follow this  
HueyPoe

Dempster Highway- - Yukon, Northwest Territory

Question

We are planning to drive the Dempster Highway this summer in our towed vehicle, leaving our motor home in Dawson City for a few days. Drove it all the way up and back in 1986 and dying to see it again. How is it these days? Suggestions?

Also, any ideas where we can safely leave motor home while we are on this side trip?

Thanks.

Bud

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the forum Bud,

We drove the Dempster in 2006. It was a truly unique experience. We stayed at a campground in Dawson City and left our motor home there during our trip north. There were plenty of people there doing the same thing. We stayed at the Bonanza Gold RV Park in Dawson City. We were paying regular camping fees while there though there may be some provision for parking there as well if you don't want to pay for connections. I remember that we had a wet and muddy trip north and when we got back I couldn't wash all the mud off the Trailblazer. After I returned from the car wash having given it a real thorough wash - I thought - a cube of mud about 6 inches on a side dropped from the running board! I had to laugh at that one. I suspect that we didn't get rid of the mud for months after.