RobertBoyd

Yosemite RV Camping

RV Park Reviews has listings for Yosemite National Park campgrounds and also lists 10 cities within 30 miles of the park and has reviews on campgrounds. The link above will take you directly to the Yosemite National Park campgrounds and you can start from there. You are in a mountainous area and level, large sites are hard to come by. You may have to compromise and find a location further from the park. We stayed in the area in 2002 but I can't find a reference to the park where we stayed. I wouldn't recommend it anyway, we had to use a shoe horn to get our 38 foot motor home in and out of the park!

Robert

I can't tell you which RV park to stay at but I can tell you there are many restricted roads in that area for motorhomes greater than 40 feet.

The following link http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/traffops/trucks/bus-mh/busmap-d10.pdf shows where they are. For that matter the link also can show other restricted roads in California.

Most of route 1 north of San Francisco is also restricted.

Best of luck.

Desmo

Robert,

We spent Thanksgiving week at the park Jack mentioned in the post above. We enjoyed a spacious site among the tall trees and had a great time. The park is beside the river and was clean with good access. Our 40 Monaco had no trouble navigating in or out. It's about 20 miles from the park into Yosemite Village, which took us about 40 minutes in the toad along the winding winter road. We plan to go back next Thanksgiving.

Happy travels,

Tim