Sign in to follow this  
whiteeagle

Weight capacity of 2011 Allegro Red ?

The new 2011 Allegro Red - 340 Cummins ISB 6.7 liter brochure says

GAWR - front= 12,000#

GAWR - rear = 17,500#

GVWR = 29,500#

GCWR = 33,000#

All these numbers are MAX .. but without knowing what the MH weight is by itself, it's impossible to know what its actual capacity is for the added water, grey, black, people, luggage. etc.

Questions...

Does anyone know what the actual weight of the MH is - as manufactured....

with the options ....

with fuel and other engine fluids?

Haven't found this information yet so can't really make any decisions...

According to my latest "Roughing It Smoothly" magazine, which is a publication from Tiffin for Tiffin ownwers, The UVW of a RED 38QRA is 25,200 LBS. UVW is defined as the approximate weight of the vehicle with full fuel, oil, and coolants. It does not include cargo, fresh water, LP gas, passengers or dealer installed accessories.

The 38QRA is a quad slide, bath and 1/2 floorplan.

According to my latest "Roughing It Smoothly" magazine, which is a publication from Tiffin for Tiffin ownwers, The UVW of a RED 38QRA is 25,200 LBS. UVW is defined as the approximate weight of the vehicle with full fuel, oil, and coolants. It does not include cargo, fresh water, LP gas, passengers or dealer installed accessories.

The 38QRA is a quad slide, bath and 1/2 floorplan.

Thank you...

That's what I needed...

So I have 4300# for options (200?), water and probably combined grey/black of 150gallons so (max of 1200#), 300# for supplies / hitch equip, leaves 2600# for folks, luggage, food supplies....That should do it fairly well leaving 500# under max... good idea because it appears to only have 3500# of towing capacity left on the 5000# hitch.

Looking at the Phaeton also but one here is bunk bed layout and I'd prefer not to go that high for it.

Thanks.. be safe..

Grey water is 70 gallons

Black water is 45 Gallons

Fresh water is 90 Gallons

LPG is 24 Gallons