Sign in to follow this  
rkvoss

Canyon de Chelly Camping

My wife and I are planing a trip this fall in Utah, Colorado and Arizona. One of the places that has been highly recomended to us is Canyon de Chelly in NE Arizona. We are traveling in a 40' class A motorhome and pull a tag vehicle. After talking to a ranger by phone we were told that they would not allow us in because of the length of both rigs and that there wasn't spare parking available at the Cottonwood campground. I ask if there was other campgrounds in the area they would recommend.

They gave me the name of Spyder Rock campground. After a google search of Spyder Rock and reading several reviews I don't believe we will be staying there.

Does anyone know where we might stay for a few days that aren't creepy, or 200 miles away?

Guest BillAdams

We stayed at the Cottonwood campground in a 40' Prevost towing a 20' extended Chevy van. Maybe we hit it off-season, I really don't know but we sure did stay there without issue. It is a great stop, don't miss it.

We stayed with a 32 ft Itasca with Dodge Dakota tow, friend is 40 CC with a crew cab one ton ford no problems for either and agree don't miss it If you have four wheel hire guide to take you in the canyon if not take the tour bus in great views from floor.