publicheck

Coach Exterior Finish Protection

Awhile back I read about a product called Permanon in the "New Products" section of the FMCA magazine.

It is supposed to eliminate the need for waxing the exterior of the coach. Has anyone tried this product? I would be very interested in your comments. I am about ready to apply a standard finish protection, but if this product works as described it would make the job a lot easier.

Thank you.

Here is the information about this product that appeared in the May 2010 "RV Products" column in Family Motor Coaching magazine. You'll note a Web site link at the end.

Vehicle Finish

According to product literature, PERMANON Hard & Fast Finishes CAR Supershine from the Decorum Finishes Division is an easy-to-apply, long-lasting finish for any hard surface on vehicles.

The product, which comes in a concentrate and is mixed at only 5 percent with water, contains an electrostatic charge that reportedly bonds into the nano pores of exterior paint or polished areas, glass, aluminum, stainless steel, marble, granite, or any other hard surface areas. To apply, the product is misted on a clean surface and the water carrier is wiped away, with no buffing or polishing necessary. PERMANON is said to be completely biodegradable and solvent-free and to provide more than 90 percent UV protection.

A 500-milliliter bottle of PERMANON CAR Supershine has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $100.98.

Decorum Finishes Division

231 Commercial St.

Portland, ME 04101

(800) 288-3346

(207) 775-3346

www.permanonfinishes.com