ct78barnes

Dish Getting 110 Or 119

We just got a new coach and ordered it with a crank up dish with only one LNB .We can get 110 most of the time but we do not get all of our stations in our package. Are old coach had Direct TV and only one Sat to aim at. Had I had known how good the new TV with new bat wing ant would work I would not have ordered a dish on top at all. Is this my only option I like the Dish pay as you go as we are not full timers and if we do not need the service we just do not pay the bill and they just shut it off. If Direct had a RV services like that I would go back to them. I do not want to poke a lot of new holes in the roof of my new coach to install a dule LNB but the ones you can set out side look nice but not 600 hundred dollars nice. Any advice you can give me would be great.

Guest BillAdams

You can point to either 110 or 119 with your current antenna so you will never get all of your programming at the same time. The only other roof mounted option that will allow you to do this is an automatic antenna from Winegard (my preference) or MotoSAT. The Winegard costs around $1200 plus installation. You can get a tripod Dish 500 antenna, however, and set that up on the ground when you stop. You will get both 110 and 119 and all of your programming. This kind of a setup should cost you less than $100.

I have Dish Network and I use a Winegard MiniMax Roadtrip ($700). It only has one LNB but it will automatically switch from satelite to satellite. When you initially turn it on, it will search for the satellites automatically.

As far as the pay as you go, you have to buy the receiver up front. Do you have Dish in your home? If so, you can take one of your receivers out of the house when you travel and use it in the RV. You can then have Dish in the RV without any additional cost.

Is your dish oval or round? What make and model do you have? Directv just went to a new system where they put a multi switch inside a multi LNB. The great thing about this is that you only need one wire coming inside the coach and can run up to 8 tv's independently and you can get the 110 and 119 at the same time.

Directv was having a hard time running multi cables to a dish in buildings like apartment buildings, so they made this new system so they can use the old single cables in the old apartment like buildings. You can now even use just one cable on a DVR. If you need more infomation, send me a PM and will tell you what you need to do.

Guest BillAdams

Jon,

You have some of your information quite jumbled up. DirecTV uses 99, 101 and 103 (plus 110 and 119 in a limited number of markets for some local Network programming). The OP is talking about Dish Network and receiving that programming from their transponders. The antenna he has is the standard Winegard RV manual crank-up antenna (round) and cannot be modified to any kind of a setup you describe. The SWM DirecTV option is currently only available to an RVer with use of a tripod based manually pointed antenna and there are no roof mounted (automatic or manual) versions of the SWM (single wire multiswitch) setup available for RVers.

Bill,

He said he would go back to Directv. That is why I gave that infomation. I have changed several of those Winegard's over like the RM-DM46 myself. They all work fine.

Guest BillAdams

CYA any way you like but your reference was to the SWM connection and 110 and 119. That info is incorrect and needed for Dish Network and not DirecTV.

An RM-DM46 (Winegard manual single LNB crank-up antenna) cannot be converted to use the new DirecTV SL3 LNB and expect it to work as you travel.

Maybe you are from the TX area where little or no skew is required to receive the 99, 101, and 103 satellites but those who travel will find this to be a non-workable solution.

Thanks for all the information we are on the road again and have tree in the way tonight what a waste of 36 dollars a month.

I think I will have to get one of those tripods so I can get service where ever we are.

Thanks again.

Guest Wayne77590

Winegard Carry Out. Move it 50 feet in any direction. Automatically selects one satellite at a time when you change channels. As Bill stated, there is no Dome antenna on the market that has two LNB's. Not a dual LNB Output, but two LNB feeds.