Sign in to follow this  
t5watson5

Clear Coat Repair

On my 1996 Holiday Rambler, Navigator I have clearcoat delaminating (full body paint)on the front cap (above windshield), rear cap (upper portion & onto top area of cap) & on curb side above the top rail molding but not onto the roof.

Is their an easy way to feather the edge of the clearcoat and just re-spray the exposed areas or do I have to remove all clearcoat even if it is a good bond with the paint?

What product should I use to remove the loose clearcoat? Scuff pad or sand paper? What grit? Power sand or hand finish?

On my 1996 Holiday Rambler, Navigator I have clearcoat delaminating (full body paint)on the front cap (above windshield), rear cap (upper portion & onto top area of cap) & on curb side above the top rail molding but not onto the roof.

Is their an easy way to feather the edge of the clearcoat and just re-spray the exposed areas or do I have to remove all clearcoat even if it is a good bond with the paint?

What product should I use to remove the loose clearcoat? Scuff pad or sand paper? What grit? Power sand or hand finish?

Welcome to the Forum.

t5watson5, if you go to the Forum, Type A, Subject "Clear Coat Issue on Monaco" By JRAZZ, you will find several peoples commets on this topic.

By the way are you a member of FMCA? If so congratulations. If not take a look at all the benifits you will have if you join. :D

I checked the jrazz posting...thanks.

I have had body shop quotes but want to try it myself. I do a lot of my repairs but not this much paint.

I am a FMCA member 220386. Been RV'n a few years but just joined the forum tonight.

Have usually been able to get answers from RV'n friends but the clearcoat is a new one for me.

I checked the jrazz posting...thanks.

I have had body shop quotes but want to try it myself. I do a lot of my repairs but not this much paint.

I am a FMCA member 220386. Been RV'n a few years but just joined the forum tonight.

Have usually been able to get answers from RV'n friends but the clearcoat is a new one for me.

Tom & Karen,

The next time you leave Onaway and you are onurway to Texas check with FMCA for Lone Star Rallies. We would love to have a set of native Wisconsins join us. :rolleyes:

Tom & Karen,

The next time you leave Onaway and you are onurway to Texas check with FMCA for Lone Star Rallies. We would love to have a set of native Wisconsins join us. :rolleyes:

We do visit TX often. If not every winter at least every other winter. Our favorite areas are the Gulf coast and Big Bend.

You mis-read our profile. We are in Michigan. Easy mistake....MI or WI. They do touch each other so you were close ;)