Sign in to follow this  
bbruhling

DishTV

We are fulltimers and have DishTV, we have been able to have the local channels each time we change location, we just call them and after talking to a lot of people we finally get the local channels. Today we were told that they charge $5.00 each time we change locations, has anyone else been told that they will be charged to move?

We are fulltimers and have DishTV, we have been able to have the local channels each time we change location, we just call them and after talking to a lot of people we finally get the local channels. Today we were told that they charge $5.00 each time we change locations, has anyone else been told that they will be charged to move?

Welcome to the Forum. Call Dish and ask if they have a plan where you can get the local, ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox.I heard they have such a plan. You can pick either East Coast or West Coast. Check it out and let the Forum know. :)

Guest BillAdams

If this is correct it would be a new policy. It's a policy that makes complete sense but it is has not been the policy of Dish Network in the past. If you are really just looking for the ability to recieve Network programming you can get these from NY or LA for $5/month and you never have to call DN again.

If this is correct it would be a new policy. It's a policy that makes complete sense but it is has not been the policy of Dish Network in the past. If you are really just looking for the ability to recieve Network programming you can get these from NY or LA for $5/month and you never have to call DN again.

Bill, that was what I was talking about. I didn' know if it was a plan or just a feature.

We will be gone from our home base for the next few months and we called Dish to see about getting local or national feeds We were told that we would need to fill out a MH form and submit and then it would be $6.00 per month. WE are paying for local channels at our home but they wont let us change over without filling out the form.

We will be gone from our home base for the next few months and we called Dish to see about getting local or national feeds We were told that we would need to fill out a MH form and submit and then it would be $6.00 per month. WE are paying for local channels at our home but they wont let us change over without filling out the form.

That form they need filled out as well as the charge of $6.00 per month would be for the DNS (distant network service) would replace the present cost of local channels, or at least it did for us when we changed. It might be possible to simply call when you are in a location other than home and change your service address to the campground address where you are staying. I was never charged a fee to do that, but I only changed when we planned to be in an area for a month or more. Now, we just use the digital over-the -air antenna for locals wherever we happen to be.