Larry196

Domestic NDR1292 Ice Maker

I have an older 1999 Pace Arrow, with a Domestic Refrigerator.

The water supply line on the back has fallen apart from old age (Like Me).

Is there a way to replace the line without having to take the refer totally out? Spec. sheet says 280 lbs.

I have dinked with trying to remove the ice maker from the inside but can't do much more than get it to hang, must be something on the back I don't know about.

Where can I buy the replacement line with the heating coil attached? I can buy replacement hose from Lowes but I'm not thrilled with that idea, no heater wire.

I hate makeshift repairs, because you have to go back later and correct your work.

Larry

Larry,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Depends on your installation. I have had good luck on some installations with sliding the refrigerator forward a foot or so (toward the interior). Then remove the roof top vent cover. Access the bottom of the water line from the coach-side access door and the top where it goes into the refrigerator from the roof vent. If mounted in a slide, the upper vent grill may offer you access to the top/ice maker location.

On some, you can snake a new hose from Lowes/HD into the 12 VDC heater "jacket". Haven't done it myself on a Norcold, but have on a Dometic-- see if that would work for you.