Sign in to follow this  
simalewrvnomads@gmail.com

Duo Therm 4 Button Comfort Control Center

My coach is 10 years old. It has a 4-button Duo Therm Comfort Control Center that operates the A/Cs, heat strips and furnace. If you have one of these you probably have had problems with the buttons from time to time. To change zones you have to mash down both the FAN and MODE buttons at the same time. When one or the other button stops working correctly, it can take many, many attempts to change zones.

These CCCs are NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I know, I've checked everywhere. (and I work for an RV dealer during the winters).

I found a fellow in Colorado who refurbishes the 4-button CCCs.

He sent me a refurbished unit "on the honor system." He told me to install it. Try it. If I was satisfied I mailed back the old CCC plus an $80 check.

I installed my "new" CCC on Monday. I sent him the old unit plus a check this morning.

This is way cheaper than upgrading to the 5-button CCC.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the fellow's name and email address. So, if you want to contact him, email me privately at simalewrvnomads@gmail.com.

Lew Mann
F265302
Fulltimer - now in Gainesville, FL
'98 Dutch Star DP

Had that problem on my old coach, 2000 HR Vacationer. Removed unit from the wall and found that over time moisture entering the coach through the small hole in the wall behind the controller had rotted the printed circuit board in a very small area near whe RJ-11 socket on the board. Soldered a small section of #22 wire across the rotted area and I had a brand new controller

Has anyone changed/upgraded the Duo Therm Comfort Control Center 4 button unit to the 5 button unit?

If so is the conversion a simple remove and replace?

I am having similar problems as others with the pressing of the fan/mode buttons at the same time.

Has anyone changed/upgraded the Duo Therm Comfort Control Center 4 button unit to the 5 button unit?

If so is the conversion a simple remove and replace?

I am having similar problems as others with the pressing of the fan/mode buttons at the same time.

No its not simple or cheap as the the board in the roof air will also have to be replaced, it wasn't that much more for me to just replace a 11 year old AC that was not cooling very well.