Sign in to follow this  
Starlingt

Damon Challenger Slide Issues

Has anyone with a Damon Challenger experienced cable problems with the larger slides?

We have broken one cable in the first year and have been having recurring problems getting the large slide in and out.

I have an 05 Damon Challenger model 348 that was purchased in Sept of 04 new.

I have never had a problem with the slide, but occasionally do lubricate under the slide with silicone spray.

You failed to mention if you purchased your Challenger new or used, if used do you have any repair records of previous problems.

Good Luck

George

Athens Georgia

We purchased out 2010 Callenger new from General RV in Canton Ohio. We finally did take the coach back to the factory in Elkart for repair. They found a problem with the bolts on the rear of the large slide and replaced them as well as reinforcing the steel back there. We have not had any further problems. I have to tell you that the folks at the service center for Thor Motor Coach did a great job and couldn't have been more hospitable. They were exceptional. It did take them two tries but I believe that they got it this time. Hats off to that group. Thanks for responding and happy travels.

Reinforcing the steel? Why didn't they do right the first time. Should all the rest of them be reinforced also. I guess I cross Thor off my list.

The cable on the bed slide has been replaced two years ago on our 2008 Challenger 377.

Now the same cable has started to fray.

When it was repaired the first time I was told the cable tension was too tight.