caka20533

RV Park Rockport, TX

We're planning to spend this next winter in Rockport, TX on the Gulf. We were there a couple years ago but didn't take time then to search out an RV park where we could stay long term; say 5 months or so.

Does anyone know of a park in Rockport that might be around $300 + electricity per month?

We would like a fairly large park so I can teach Zumba fitness in the clubhouse and have enough interest.

I know I will need to talk to the park manager to do this first beforehand.

Thanks so much.

Kathy A.

presently in Black Diamond, WA

Lake Sawyer RV Park

:) Welcome to the Forum.

Kathy,

Check out Lagoon RV Resort

600 Enterprise Blvd.

Rockport, TX 78382

361-729-7834

361-729-7835

Contact Sarah McCullough

info@lagoonsrv.com

We have had several Rallies there and are returning in May of 2012.

Rockport is a very nice winter place. Be sure to go to lunch at the BIG FISHERMAN. One day a week they have lunches for, if I remember correctly, $1.25 per person. :P

Hi,

Thank you for the welcome. We've been members of FMCA for almost a year now but just found this forum. I think I'm gonna like it!

I went to the Lagoon and saw they are really into health and exercise classes. I'll check with them to see if they want to add another. Probably not but it's worth a try. The rates are a little high but maybe we can work something out.

We have been to the Big Fisherman and stuffed ourselves. That was a couple winters ago. We really like the area with the Fulton Oyster Festival, lots of restaurants and shopping.

Thanks again. I'll take any other suggestions as well.......keep 'em coming!

Kathy A

Black Diamond, WA

Kathy,

You may want to check out Wood Acres. Ask for Susan-- she runs the place. It is a 350 plus site campground. They do have a exercise class every morning but only the one. They are in your price range. And just 12 blocks from the Bay. Two block from the main drag.

Hope this helps.

Denny W.

We spent a month or so at the Big D RV Resort. HERE

Rates go from $240 to $300 per month. It is right on the water. They have a clubhouse with planned activities.

We really like Palm Harbor as they are on the water and even have a boat ramp. Just wish they were bigger. They do want me to teach a Zumba fitness class there so guess we'll stay with that plan. We have a little boat he wants to put in the water and I want to teach my class so we're happy.

Thanks,

Kathy A