Sign in to follow this  
f300906

Itacsa Meridian Front Door Sways In The Wind

My front and only door on my Meridian swings back and forth in the wind. Sometimes it blows shut. Our cat sits on the step and this could take her head off. I have had a new door check installed but it does the same thing. I then tightened up the door check but it still swings shut. Anybody know of a add on or a fix to this problem?

I'm not familiar with the Meridian specifically but my solution would tend toward using a bungee cord. If you can find or install some kind of attachment point or eye bolt on the inside of the door and then something to hook onto on the frame under the front cap, you could use an appropriate length bungee cord to restrict the door movement. Our door check is a folding metal bar. If that is your case you could clamp a straight splint on the folding metal bar so it couldn't fold. Another possible solution would be to clamp a rigid post onto the extended step so that it is just inside the open door. I would worry about the pressure on the step causing some damage so would have to consider that design carefully. In both cases, the splint or post could be made easy to remove so that it wouldn't be too much trouble to close the door when needed.