jc_r2@yahoo.com

Bluebird vs Foretravel vs older Vogue vs Dynamax vs an older bus conversion?

I would like to move up into something more comfortable and well-constructed than my current rig (which wouldn’t be hard!) but don't want to get into the 40-foot or greater bracket because I like to go off the beaten path. Are there others that I should consider do you think, and if not, which of these do you prefer and why?

I have heard that Dynamax are notorious for electrical problems and so am inclined not to go that route, and the only Vogue that fits the bill that I have been able to find (a Prima Vista) is almost 20 years old.

Finally, the only bus conversion that fits my maximum-length-requirement, a Flxbile, was first commissioned in 1964, which makes it almost as old as me! Which means that the standoff is between BlueBird and Foretravel, unless there are others that I haven’t thought of.

Any thoughts that might lend some clarity to my dilemma would be very gratefully received. Thank you very much.

Have you considered a Classic Newell? We have a 1982 36' Newell that we bought a year ago. Sure, it's 27 years old, but it is in magnificant shape, and many of these Classics are. The quality of construction is incredible, and now is the time to get a great deal.

We decided some time ago to sell our truck & Airstream and get a motor home. After a looong time and much research, we settled on Bluebirds and Foretravels. We finally bought a Foretravel U320, 40' this month. Foretravel has got an outstanding reputation, drive very well and are extremely well built and for us, more affordable than Prevost or Newell. We did look for a used Newell, which are also outstanding but could never find one in our price range or close enough to us to check out (same thing with B-birds).

What finally sold us on the Foretravel was that the factory is here in Texas (Nacogdoches), so for annual maintenance, repairs, etc., they're not far away. The folks at Motorhomes of Texas and Xtreme Graphics (we're getting some bodywork & painting done) have been as helpful and friendly as anyone could be. These folks will definitely be getting our repeat business. Good luck in your search.

When we bought our coach in 1998 3 of your 4 were on the list (Dynamax was not and I don't know enough about them to comment).

We wanted a 36' DP (knowing anything shorter would have a really poor WB/OL ratio) and anything longer would not go the places we wanted to go (and have since gone!).

We decided on a 5 year old Foretravel and have put another 110,000 virtually trouble-free miles on it. If fact, just drove 352 miles today (on our way home from an "escape the heat" month in Angel Fire, NM-- elevation 8,420'.

We are happy with our decision.

Brett Wolfe

1993 Foretravel U240