Sign in to follow this  
sugarsuhweet

All About Me

Hello FMCA boards!

We are presently living in Nebraska plan on retiring soon... less than 6 mos away. We purchased our RV contingent to inspection next week. It is a Holiday Rambler that has went through major updating.

We will be full timers with 3 well loved dogs. The Mr enjoys scuba diving and triathalons and the Mrs. enjoys baking, goats and chicken,and sewing.

Did see one of the moderators lobster hunts and am thinking we maybe need to learn this skill or make friends with a lobster hunter. Makes my mouth water just thinking about them.

We will soon be having a household auction as we have made the decision to rid ourselves of everything unnecessary for RV full timing. It looks that is going to be about 98% of what we own. We both are not stressed about most of this. The most difficult thing is the large tote boxes of family pictures. I know I can scan them and save them but I love the tactile benefits of actual prints. if I do scan the images it will take a couple months I am certain. Then what... I do not think we will search data files like we sort through a pile of images to take a stroll down memory lane. The pictures are actually my battle right now, the Mr. has no problem with tossing them. Is there a company that can take all my images and put them on ONE big blanket for me?

Hello Sugarsuhweet,

Don't toss those pictures. You might want to store them with a family member until you work out exactly what you want to do with them. My daughter has done pictures as transfers for T shirts, etc. I have a cousin who took one of my pictures and turned it into a quilt for her husband - his John Deere in a parade! So if you really meant a blanket, yes that can be done. You can have the pictures professionally scanned into digital format. Assuming you have a computer, you can set your screen saver to randomly display pictures from your photo files during idle times. There are also electronic picture frames that will display your digital pictures on a screen in the picture frame. You can put these electronic frames on a table or counter in your motor home, anywhere you can find an electric outlet. You can set it up in two minutes and always have your pictures there to be seen. We also have several Showbox Magic Picture Frames. These are about one inch think and stand up like a picture frame. They hold about 40 4x6 prints and you can periodically flip the picture over to a new one. It only physically displays one picture at a time but you can walk by it and flip to a new picture in the stack stored inside it with a two second pull-push motion. This is a perfect way to display your physical photos where you can see them in a motor home. I built a little wooden table that fits over our steering wheel. Louise puts a table cloth on it and then fills it with our pictures in various frames. They greet everyone who enters our motor home. Of course the grandchildren and children get top billing. We look forward to the new school photos every year.

I consider pictures to be wonderful family heirlooms. My mother has several albums from her early days with pictures of people who I barely knew if I knew them at all. My brother recently was laid off from work so he digitized her photo albums and had her annotate the photos so we had names to go with the pictures. They are priceless, all those serious faces, everyone dressed up for the pictures. Mom recently asked me what to do with their travel photos. She guessed she would just pitch them. I told her - no way! I'll be glad to have those pictures and preserve them for my children. If you decide you simply can't take the pictures with you, I would think someone in your family would love to have them.