Sign in to follow this  
Larry196

Ice Maker Removal, Need Help

I have a ’99 Pace Arrow with a Domestic 1292 Refer. The problem is old age, there is an ice maker with a model M1 as the only designation,

The ice maker quit making ice and on investigation we found the water supply line had died of old age and fell apart.

I know the frig. will have to be removed or pulled out to access the back, but I have taken all the screws out of the ice maker so I can take it out, but it seems to be hung up where the water comes in, it seems to be plenty loose.

I have heard that if you pull the frig out about a foot you can come down from the top and fish the replacement line down to the supply unit.

Sounds like the way to go for a one man operation but I still can’t get the ice maker itself out of the freezer.

How do you remove the icemaker unit????????

Larry,

I have replaced several water supply lines for ice makers-- they seem to crystallize. Replacements can be had at many hardware stores.

And I find it easier to slide the refrigerator out about 18" and access the top of the refrigerator from the roof or top vent. On the ones I did, I was able to force the new line in from the back/outside. There is mastic around the line where it goes through the refrigerator wall. See if you can push the old line from the freezer side (after it thaws) or pull from the outside before removing the ice maker to access it. I have not worked on your particular model, so I can't guarantee that it is the same.