Sign in to follow this  
mmulvenna

Shower Cold Water Valve

Hi,

I have a 42 ft 2004 Monaco Dynasty that we recently purchased. When taking a shower we cannot get the MOEN water mixer to adjust the cold/hot water mixture. All we can get is hot water. When the shower handle is moved to the cold position we get no water at all. I have replaced the MOEN water mixer to no avail.

I put an air hose on the cold water feed at the water manifold an no air is coming thru the shower feed with the mixer removed, so the line is 100% plugged. I also tried to feed a wire thru the line to no avail.

Does anyone know of an access to replace the cold water line without pulling the shower?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to provide

Mike Mulvenna

Mike, Welcome to the Forum.

In your service bay there is a water manifold with shut offs for all the water lines both hot and cold. They are all marked as what it serves. Check and see if your shower valve in the service bay might be turned off. Also you may have something in the cold water side of your shower valve. You should have access to your valve from inside the shower. There is a hex set screw holding the handle on and 2 phillips screws holding the cover on. When those are removed you should have access to the valve body. If you can open the valve you should find what is blocking your water.

If you find the water valve is shut off have someone inside the coach to check for leaks when you turn on the value to look for leaks because there might be a reason why the valve was closed.

Hope these are helpful.

Update on the issue..

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I could find nothing blocking the flow and even installed a new mixer valve to no avail so I ended up removing the shower and replacing the entire valve. Not an easy project but we now have proper flow of both hot and cold water.

Thanks

Mike