Sign in to follow this  
bforrest

Winneabago Level Best Leveling System

Hello, we are new to the motorhome world. We bought a 2008 Winneabago Destination 39w diesel pusher in Nov. My touch pad lights up but it does not dump the air and the lights under the auto level button blink red then green after about 2 minutes it just goes off. If anyone can shed some light on what I should look for to correct the problem I sure would appreciate it. We did not have any issues all summer-- they worked fine. I checked the fluid level and it is full.

Thanks

Bob Forrester

Bob, as Brett said, Welcome to the Forum.

Can you hear the air releasing when you press and hold down the dump button? Our last coach had the same problem and found the solenoid valves that release the air had the exhaust ports clogged with dirt dobbers nest. I cleaned the ports and was then able to dump the air.

As Brett also asked what kind of system do you have? :huh:

Guest Wayne77590

That particular model has Kwikee (Power Gear now) hydraulic level system, (Kwikee Level Best). There is not a separate dump button. Once you push a level arrow, or the Auto Level button, the air will(should) automatically dump. I wish I could be of more assistance in that area, but the best solution I can give you is to:

1: Call Winnebago, have the serial number of the MH available, and ask their on-the-phone tech what is happening.

2: Go to the PowerGear web site and fill in the contact information. It will send them an email. I have had good luck with their customer service department using that method. They will not answer customer phone calls.

Also, your Level Best control panel is right next to the step. Carefully remove the 4 screws, gently pull it forward, and check to see that all the wires are in the connectors on the back. I'm on the road and I don't have a pin-out with me. The four pin connector on the bottom is the power and controls the alarm.

Trust me, knowing that four pin connector when removed will turn off the ding, ding, ding, ding while you are going down the road will save your marriage.

They are Kwikee level best, I noticed today that when I turn the key of the as if to start the engine I am hearing air escaping from under the dash.

Could this have something to do with why the system will not work?

Thanks

Bob

I will call Winnebago tomorrow.

Guest Wayne77590

I don't believe the leak under the dash is related to the "air dump" system.

The air you hear escaping under the dash is not normal in the 2008 Winnebago Destination. There is a known Freightliner problem with the air pressure gauges in that model. Brett lives close to me and he assisted me, because of my low hearing ability, in determining the slight hiss being heard was coming from the connector on one of the air pressure gauges. (Not the hose going to, but the gauge connector itself) I called Freightliner, they identified that there is a problem with some of the gauges leaking and replaced my gauge set under warranty. I do not believe that the air pressure gauges have anything to do with the air level bags deflating, except if you wait long enough they will deflate on their own with that leak. I personally think you problem is in the Level Best control panel, but that is just a guess.

Let us know what Winnebago tells you, please.