mpkenes

Cable DVR Box Installations

I have a 2011 Winnebago Sightseer. I have 3 tv/s, a 27" over the dashboard, a 42" in the dining area and a 27" in the bedroom. I am trying to hook up a DVR box to the 42" set. The box requires for the "in" cable from the outside to be hooked to the DVR box and the"out" cable from the box to the tv. I cannot figure out how to do this. My coach has a power hd antennae with an on/off switch. I do not have any "A" or "B" switch on the cable as I did in my old coach.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Guest BillAdams

We need more details about what you are trying to connect. DVR? Satellite, stand-alone Tivo box? What?

The Winnebagos I have worked on all had a video control center where you pushed buttons to select Ant, Cable, Satellite, Aux, ect. Does your coach have one of these?

If this did not exist then they installed one or more composite cables to allow connection to satellite and DVD's.

What connections do you have available to send the signal throughout the coach.

We need more details about what you are trying to connect. DVR? Satellite, stand-alone Tivo box? What?

The Winnebagos I have worked on all had a video control center where you pushed buttons to select Ant, Cable, Satellite, Aux, ect. Does your coach have one of these?

If this did not exist then they installed one or more composite cables to allow connection to satellite and DVD's.

What connections do you have available to send the signal throughout the coach.

I am trying to connect a DVR box on one of the TV's. This coach does not have a control center, only an on/off button for the power digital antennae. There are cable connections to hook up a satellite dish, but not a DVR box. You either watch TV thru the cable, which connects in the cellar of the coach or thru the digital antennae.

Guest BillAdams

Well, that didn't help. Can you tell us what you are trying to connect. "A DVR box" really doesn't give us enough information.

Well, that didn't help. Can you tell us what you are trying to connect. "A DVR box" really doesn't give us enough information.

A dvr box is the same as a tivo box, you use it to record programs while watching another. DVR - digital video recorder.

For my 2005 Sightseer I bought a TV switchbox from Camping World. I had them install it.

Recently, the TV quit working in our Sightseer so I removed the TV and I installed a new LCD/LED TV.

While the old TV was removed I rewired the TV switchbox.

On our Sightseer there were two coaxial TV cables feeding in from the outside. One cable is marked “Cable” and the other is marked “Satellite”.

Here is a picture of my cable inputs. Notice I have added an additional input between the cable and satellite feeds. http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd417/JamesDAllen/2011-10-18133017.jpg

I’m not sure of your setup so I will explain how I did mine. I use a DirecTV DVR. To watch TV and to record other TV shows I need two feeds from my satellite antenna. I was using the “Cable in” and “Satellite in” feeds connecting both to my DVR box. That worked OK but if I wanted to use the cable feed at a RV Park I had to remove one lead from my DVR Box and feed it to my switch box bypassing my DVR box.

Here is a picture of my switch box. http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd417/JamesDAllen/2011-10-18133115.jpg

With the TV removed I routed a new cable. I can now have three coaxial TV cables feeding into my RV. Two are inputs from my satellite antenna to my DVR box. The other is to hook up to cable TV at RV parks.

Inputs into my switch box are the DVR output, the cable input from the RV Park and the digital input from the RV crank up “over-the-air” antenna. Outputs go to my three TV’s.

I can push the buttons on the switchbox to change any TV input, selecting satellite, or cable, or RV antenna.

I hope this helps.

JD

Guest BillAdams

Since we cannot get the information from the poster about what he is trying to connect and what he's trying to connect it to it's difficult to speculate on what he would need to do to connect it. There are a variety of "DVR boxes". If we knew what he was actually trying to use and how he wanted to use it we could move away from speculation and closer to an answer.

I have a 2011 Winnebago Sightseer. I have 3 tv/s, a 27" over the dashboard, a 42" in the dining area and a 27" in the bedroom. I am trying to hook up a DVR box to the 42" set. The box requires for the "in" cable from the outside to be hooked to the DVR box and the"out" cable from the box to the tv. I cannot figure out how to do this. My coach has a power hd antennae with an on/off switch. I do not have any "A" or "B" switch on the cable as I did in my old coach.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I don't see your problem. You have a single cable coming into the TV and that is what you use for either cable or roof antenna.

You obviously know how to switch your TV via remote for either cable or antenna so just hook it up as required IN cable and out to TV.

I don't see your problem?