Koliver

Norcold 1200LR reports "No AC"

Has anyone solved this problem? There is AC to the circuit board. The 3 amp fuse on the board looks good. I have tightened all the connections to the board, as several weren't tight, and felt like I had found the problem. But alas, the fridge is working fine on propane, but reports "NO AC" when I try to force it on to AC. The fridge has been off for 3 months while we did other things. Now that we are going to head south on Monday, it has decided to act up. The Coach is presently plugged into a 15 amp extension cord in front of our house, this was adequate to run the fridge in June.

With only 15A supply, or, if you have your loadshare setting to 15A or less, can it be restricted by the Zantrek system? - or - because of some other load ie: charger, rtc?

I thought about that, and turned off the water heater, topped up the batteries, waited almost 24 hrs. So I will keep and eye on it, in case there is a load shedding feature that finally puts the fridge back in the system. This would also mean that the 120v at the circuit board is measurable but not strong enough to run the fridge.

Brett;

Thanks for your input. Yes, with a voltmeter, and also at the end of the cord that plugs into the circuit board. This connection was so loose I thought tightening it would be the answer, but no, didn't help. I pulled the small fuse (3 amp) and it looks as good as new. Beside the fuse are some more #12 wires with extremely loose connectors, those tightened, again didn't help.

Is it possible this isn't about the fridge, but rather about the power coming in?, Is there some load shedding feature in the inverter, that I just have to wait for?

By verifying 120 VAC to the outlet, you have eliminated power shedding, inverter and other issues.

But another easy option is to run a separate extension cord and plug the refrigerator into it-- that eliminates ALL coach systems from the equation.

Of course, this assumes that you have verified that the house outlet is wired properly and is receiving proper voltage (120 VAC +/- 10%).

Brett

I posted a question on page 1 of this thread, asking Chuck for info on how to get the CD repair info from E BAY, no answer yet. My 1200LR with ice maker shows no ac also. The refer worked fine untill we turned it of. The coach is pluged into 50 amp dedicated circuit and I have confirmed 120 v at the refer plug on to the circuit board. The 5 amp auto style fuse blows when auto or ac is requested. any ideas???. I called Norcold absolutey no help except TAKE IT TO AUTHORISED REPAIR FACILITY....... The refer works fine on LP. The recall has been done. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond. Jim T.