Sign in to follow this  
capndan77

Travel Guides and Maps

Question

We have been buying books from an online seller and found today that it includes a section of travel books, guides and maps of the USA. The site advertises thousands of used and new books, mostly used at discounted prices. Most of the used books are less than $4.00 and include free shipping. The drawback is that some of the maps are dated a bit, such as the Michelin Road Atlas is 2009 but a great buy at $3.98. National Park guides would not be much of an issue if only a couple of years out, I would suppose. Anyhow, it is worth a look. I can attest to the shipping being prompt and they carry a 100% money back guarantee if not satisfied. Like any of us need to add the weight of more books to our coachs........................

www.betterworldbooks.com

Dan and Pat

F-412165

4 answers to this question

Dan

Welcome to the Forum. I would say the way the economy is now, a 4 years old map would not be very far from correct today. I still have a 1987 Rand McNally in my coach because it has more detail then the newer ones. I still use a newer one for finding routes and the older one for details. Oh yes I also have a GPS.

Herman;

Since my post last year, we have also found that keeping an older map around works great to permanently mark routes taken for future reference. We have always been reluctant to mark up a new map as we will want to refer to it several times traveling this year. Now we keep a marked up prior year along side the fresh one. Call it a trip down memory lane when we review the older map!