Gotago2

New to RVing and FMCA

So new I don't have my number yet.

I joined at the Super Rally in Tampa and still awaiting my packet. But I thought I would say hello while waiting

We just purchased our first Class A MH (2011 Coachmen Mirada) in December 2011. So we are still very new to RVing.

I am retired military having served in both the USMC and USAF, 4 & 16 Yrs respectively. Last 10 yrs as a Commissioned Officer in Transportation. After the military I spent another 15 yrs+ in various transportation positions. From Driver, to County Public Transit Coordinator. Paulette has spent her career in administration fields, when she was not being a fantastic mother to our two children and a great military wife.

Hope to meet some of you soon, as you all seem to be a very friendly and large family that enjoy Rving.

Norm

Norm& Paulette,

Welcome to the FMCA and the Forum.

Some day I want to hear how you went from a Marine grunt to USAF Officer. That has got to be a good story. If you two are ever find your selfs in TEXAS give me a shout on the message board. I can't use them but many Bases have RV parks that you can take advantage of.

Again Welcome from the US Navy.

Norm & Paulette,

Welcome to FMCA and the wonderful worl of RVing!! You will find this to be a very friendly bunch.

If you get into the Austin, Texas area in the future give us a call.

As GoToGo2 said, so new we do not yet have number, card, any papers, etc. We will, eventually.

Question: I read here somewhere about a mobile breakdown service unit for when one is stuck somewhere on the road. What is it exactly ? how do we get a tel. no. for them ? Sounds quite useful in a tight spot. Thanks !

theOKIEcoffeefarmer,

Welcome to the Forum.

There are several Road Service services out there. There is Coach Net, which we have, also Good Sams, AAA and others.

How about some of you out there giving this Okie some of your road service experiences.

Here is road side service story.

My wife and I were headed home (Georgetown) from Corpus Christi on a late Sunday evening and pull off the interstate to get diesel at George West . Left the coach running while I went in to pay and start the pumps. Wife went to walk the dog. Upon returning could not open the door. Had the keys so I locked it and unlock it and still the latch would not work. had several people try and still locked out.

We both left our cell phones in the coach so I had to use the station"s phone ( lesson learned-always have cell phone on you when you leave the coach). Call my service provider and they tried to get a locksmith at the remote location. After a two hour wait with the coach burning up my fuel- decided to break a window and crawl in. Indoor latch open the door with no problem.

with wife in coach and me outside tried the door probably 50 times and it work every time.

After a $300.00 bill fixing the broken window- we now leave one window unlocked when traveling.