Sign in to follow this  
SlowPoke

Pets traveling to Canada

Will be crossing border in early September and traveling with two Jack Russells. I would assume shot records are required, but are there any other problems/restrictions?

Check my post under Border Crossing Web Sites. There is a listing for the official Canadian Border Regulations. You can read the official word and there are links to get further information if you are concerned about some special circumstance.

I'm sure others will post with their experience. The prepared traveler has read the official border regulations.

All we needed was a current vacination record. We were ask at the border station, but he didn't need to see it. It seemed they were more concerned about a weapon than anything else. Since we are from Texas and I have Vietnam Veteren Plates on my vehicle, they were sure I had a weapon and they searched everything, but I had read the regulations and even told the guard. They were polite and neet and possible disappointed. We had a great time in Canada for our first experiance and I recommend knowing what the conversion rates are. The credit card companies will charge you a fee for any charges you make. Have a good time! :rolleyes: