Sign in to follow this  
Hsailor

Brake Master Cylinder and Dash Heater Core

I have a 1996 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE Class A diesel pusher. The electric assist brake master cylinder is leaking and the dash heater core is dead/leaking as well. I have searched for replacement parts using the part numbers on the two items to no success.

Any suggestions on locating replacement parts? Especially locally.

Thanks,

Hobie Sailor

Not sure I would start by looking for either of those as used parts, particularly the brake master cylinder assist.

Have you contacted Monaco for the part numbers? That is where I would start. Very likely you can get the manufacturer and part number information from them.

And most radiator shops can repair a leaking heater core if a new one is too expensive.

Second thought. If you can remove the heater core and a Radiator shop can not repair it, Take it to Napa or one of the auto Parts houses and they can match it from a catalog. Parts such as that were off the shelf auto parts the Mfg. used. I am not sure I know what an Electric Assist Brake Master Cylinder. Are your brakes Air or hydraulic? But here again part in hand at a parts house might help in finding the parts. (master cylinder repair kit?)

Brakes are hydraulic and rather than vacuum assist, it has an electric pump.

Removing the heater core is something I was hoping to do all at once (remove and replace) as I recall them being a pain - even with decent underhood access....

Thanks for the very fast replies. I'm trying to get ready for spring!

I am new on this site and love it. I just replaced the heater core in my Winnebago. I was able to get the parts from RVmobility.com. They sent me new heater core and fan. Replacing them was quite simple actually. One thing I did and should not have was had the AC drained. In my unit that would not have been needed. It would have made it a bit trickier to work on but still possible. I would have just had to remove the front cover, remove the water lines slip the core out and replace with a new one.

Kevin