Sign in to follow this  
tashak

Brake Lights Will Not Work

While hooking a trailer up to a 2003 Holiday Rambler Ambassador the brake lights stopped working. I have checked everywhere but cannot find the actual brake light fuse.

I did find what could be the fuse and it is not blown. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong with the RV?

Thanks!!

Did the Turn signals continue to work?

There could be a spot where the wire harness is contacting the frame, a point where the insulation was rubbed off!

D.M.

Yes the turn signals work fine. Everything works except the brake lights. The brake lights were working perfectly yesterday until we tried to hook a trailer up to it and all of a sudden the break lights stopped working and haven't worked since. :(

That leaves a fuse, a wire that has come loose or just corroded. I did forget to ask if the coach brake lights where still working. If they are not working, I think there is a fuse block in the front of the HR’s.

Should the coach brake lights be working and the toad brakes not work, your model year is around the time the chassis manufactures started putting a fuse / relay box in the harness going to the hitch.

Locating it might be the hardest part. The relay / fuse box is generally gray in color with a clear cover on it, located in one of the rear pods.