lakechuck1962

Electrical Harness From Coach To "Toad"

We just bought a new Class C Fleetwood Tioga - it has a "7" way connection at the back. Our towed vehicle has the "old type" 4 way connector. Are there "harnesses" available with the 7 way on one end and the 4 way on the other?

Thanks,

lakechuck1962

lakechuck1962

Brett is correct, your can purchase a adapter from 7 pin to 4 pin flat at most auto parts houses. But lets make sure what your asking. If you plan on pulling a trailer or dolly the adapter is what you want. But if you are connecting to the 4 pin connector on the rear of your towed vehicle then that is a different matter all together.

In reference to my inquiry about a 7 wire to 4 wire harness and the answers above. I have found out that apparently the 7 wire end of the harness will not be a problem to deal with since it is color coded and diagrammed. However the round 4 wire connector which will go to the towed vehicle is not and the connections are random. So in order to have a proper working harness the two vehicles have to be done in such a way that the 4 way will be correct. I was told by an individual at UHaul that even if I bought the "ready made harness as Brett suggested and was so kind as to provide the link it would still have to be done to for the wiring already present on the vehicle. Has this been anyone else's experience?

While color coding is pretty well universal, you are correct, you will need to verify wiring. No big deal. Turn on lights, turn, and brakes and note which tires are hot on the toad end.

Not really that big a deal.

Brett