Sign in to follow this  
cruisingseniors

Indianapolis Rally

Question

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, but here goes. Thinking of attending the Family Reunion in Indianapolis this year, but we are fairly new to RVing and have not dry camped at all. What kind of restroom facilities are typically provided at the rallies when parking in the general area? Are there usually water trucks or dump stations? There are times when using the RV restroom is not pleasant so it would be better to have a remote restroom to use. Thanks for any information on this subject.

6 answers to this question

Cruisingseniors,

Welcome to the Forum.

Most all Fair Grounds have Public Restrooms, some better then others, but not many with showers. It is best to come with a full water tank and empty holding & gray water tanks. If you GI Shower and use the public restrooms you should be OK. They will have water trucks and holding tanks trucks but they can be expensive.

As far as your RV restroom sometime not being very pleasant might I suggest that a very good aerosol air freshener is good to keep in your restroom. :lol: :lol:

Also have your fuel tank topped off too.

Have a good time in Indianapolis.

Hello Crusingseniors:

The Indiana State Fairgrounds has 520 full hookup sites with 50 amp electric, water and sewer. There is a premium charge; but for a first timer not being experienced in dry camping and as hot and humid as Indiana is usually in August, I think that the full hookups would be a wise decision.

Registration and full hookups is $400.00. If you would like to register for a full hookup site, please call FMCA and ask for Indianapolis convention registration.

They will be able to tell you if the type of site you need is still available. We registered Jan. 2nd to be sure we got the site we needed. One enjoyable thing to do is to volunteer, but you may be so busy with seminars and shopping that you may not have time.

Hope to see you there,

Ross Boyer

Guest BillAdams

Honey wagons and fresh water are available at the rallies. Now, did you want to discuss why you consider using the RV bathroom as unpleasant? This area should be just as pleasant as using the bathroom in your home other than it being a bit cramped it you have many users on board. There should be no issue with odors so if you could tell us a bit more about why you are not happy with the bathroom it might be helpful.

The rallies that we have attended in the past did not have much in the way of external bath houses but there will likely be some port-a-potties. These may or may not be convenient but they should be spaced around the facility.

Bill, he said that 'there are times when using the RV restroom is not pleasant'. :unsure::wub::unsure: That is why I suggested an air freshener. Heck there are times my restroom is not pleasant but it's my fault. Fan-fan-fan. Need more be said?