Sign in to follow this  
KevinWeaver

High Speed On Dash Fan Not Working

I have had quite a time with my dash heater/ac. First of all the fan has never worked on high. I had a leak in the heater core so I replaced it. At the same time I installed a new fan. Prior to installing fan I tested it and it worked great. After the installation High speed still did not work. I am waiting for parts to replace the resistor. I had a mechanic tell me how to jump the resistor on the high side to test it and see if that was the problem. I still did not work. I am replacing the resistor anyway. Now I was told to find the high speed circuit and replace it. I CANT FIND IT!

I have a 95 Winnebago Brave on a Oshkosh chassis. It is TC-17rdx model. Anyone know where to find the high speed circuit for the dash fan.

Keven ! Oshkosh was bought out by Freightliner. Have you tried to contact them?

I think I have a possible source for some parts ,but will have to look it up in my files.

will add the info. to this reply when I find it.

Found a link to the Oshkosh owners sight. The parts link came back as unsecured when probed by my search engine,so we will forget that for the time being.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Oshkosh_Diesel_RV_Chassis/

Reading your post about the high speed working OK when tested,makes me wounder if there is a relay in the circuit for the high speed setting.

If so.you mentioned that it has never worked. That makes me think that a wire supplying power to the mentioned relay is missing or has come loose from eather the dash control or in the area of the fan.

Hope this helps,Rich.

Kevin, I had a 2005 Suncruiser on a Workhorse chassis. The fan hi speed never worked, but I never worried about it. Did get a runaround as to whether the responsibility was Winnebago's or Workhorse. Now have a 2010 Journey on a Freightliner, and the fab works fine.

Skip