alisasings

What Are Your Go-to Meals?

I do a lot of cooking here at home with electrical appliances (crockpot, NuWave oven) and since we won't be running the generator all the time when we move into the RV, things like using the crockpot won't happen.

I don't plan on cooking inside the coach much because I don't want to warm it up inside before we have to go to bed so I'll mostly be cooking outside on the grill and 2 burner coleman stove.

What do you find easiest for you to prepare? What are your main 'go-to' meals? I jokingly told my hubby it was going to be ramen noodles & hotdogs because of limited reefer space and storage but I hope it doesn't come down to that! LOL! ^_^

Please share your cooking ideas & even some recipes if you feel like it. Much appreciated!

~Alisa

Bologna sandwiches !!!!!!

Really we will sometimes cook up chile, beef stew and such and freeze. Then we can microwave or heat up in a pan on the gas stove.

That gives us a hot meal while on the go.

Get a round steak--cut 1/4" thick, "tenderize" it a bit, cut into pieces, sear only in a cast iron skillet, add cream of mushroom soup (as much as you want to make enough gravy) let simmer until juices from the steak permeate thru gravy. Let cool while making instant mashed potatoes. Put steak/gravy in one microwaveable container and mashed potatoes in separate microwaveable container. Microwave only as much as you need for a meal.

Note: Do not overcook the round steak while searing as it will dry out. I heat a cast iron skillet dry until, when I sprinkle salt into the skillet it turns brown immediately. Then I throw the steak pieces in, lightly salt, turn over, and then turn heat down and add soup/gravy.

Dont forget to utilize some of the old fashioned campfire cooking too! baked potatoes wrapped in foil :rolleyes: I like to make packet foil meals and put on the coals, chicken breast , and veggies a lil bbq sauce on the coals... Mmm dinner in about 20 minutes :D reynolds wrap now makes the pre cut foil. I have done this with sausages and sliced veggies all at once too.

Great ideas! I was trying to think of some foil packet meals to throw on the grill. We'll do sandwiches for lunch most of the time. Not sure about breakfast LOL! This looks like a good idea:

Boil in a bag omelets :P

Instructions

I first read about Ziploc omelets online, and the idea is so great I wanted to share it with the eHow community. This is a great idea for a holiday breakfast, or a great way to help your kids get involved in meal preparation!
      Boil a pot of water. The more people you have, the bigger the pot you will need. For a family of four, a large saucepan should do the trick.

Have each person break two eggs and put them into the Ziploc bag. More than two eggs may be too much for this recipe. Add seasoning, chopped veggies, cheese, and cooked bacon or sausage & whatever else you want.
    Squeeze the air out of the bags and seal them. Each person should use their hands to mix the ingredients and scramble the eggs well. Place them into the pot of boiling water (it should be a rolling boil) and let them sit for about 13-15 minutes. Then, carefully pull out the bags with oven mitts, pour each omelet onto a plate, and enjoy. Cleanup is the best part :P

[/left]