Sign in to follow this  
dewat

Another Curious Question... Refrigerator

Ok as a new MH owner, I guess I have all the "curious" questions. With all the talk about leveling to run the refer, what happens when driving? I would think that the refer is left turned on while drive to keep from spoiling the contents. If so, why do we work so hard to level the refer when parked, but go through all kinds of mountains and valleys without a worry while enroute.

Because when you are sitting still gravity is what causes the liquid run downhill. If the refrigerator is not level the liquid will not be flowing to the burner area. When you are moving it is just fine because of the motion.

Guest Wayne77590

DeWat,

Check your manual for your refrigerator. It should tell you to what extent you can be "off level" and still operate, but that does not include "in-motion," as stated.

On our Coleman I can be 3 degrees side to side and 6 degrees front to back as standing in front of the refirgerator looking at it. Another rule of thumb when parked is that if you are comfortable walking in the MH, the refrigerator should be fine.

Happy trails.

Thanks to all. I was just "curious" (glad I'm not a cat!) as to why leveling was so important to the refer since traveling is a whole different story. It has been very well answered, and I again thank all.