kymacs42

I-70 from Indianapolis to St. George UT

Question

We will heading to St. George UT using I-70 this summer. We have a 43' motorhome towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Any issues on this route? Thanks in advance.

Mike McEvoy

2004 MADP 4301

6 answers to this question

I have traveled I-70 all the way to I-15 several times with no problems. West of Denver there is a steep grade. Just take your time and downshift as needed. The only dificulty is that Kansas is 468 miles across and the only trees are silos or at least a lot of them.

We will heading to St. George UT using I-70 this summer. We have a 43' motorhome towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Any issues on this route? Thanks in advance.

Mike McEvoy

2004 MADP 4301

Nope! Make some time to stop in Glenwood Springs, CO and enjoy the Hot Springs. Stay at the "No Name" exit.

A great thing about crossing Kansas on I70 is stopping in Russell and getting that humongous rib eye steak at Meridy's Steak House.

It's right off I70. There is a Passport America RV park almost next door.

Grand Junction is a good place to stop after you cross the Rockies. RV Ranch is a decent place to spend the night.

We will be here in site 21 for most of the summer. Come say howdy if you stay here.

We too are taking that route, though starting at Florida late July. To make the crossing less boring, we will try to do 3 to max of 5 hr daily drives. Researching I heard of an interesting Amish town south of I-70 (Marion,KY); Cave in Rock ST PK in IL;the Arc in St. Louis, a Madonna shrine in Eureka, MO; buffaloes and a French Boxcar at exit 336 Hays, Ks; Monument Rocks,off SR83, south of Oakley...

Should you go before us, let us know of interesting places to see in that route!

Safe travels!