Sign in to follow this  
rvgorney

Electrical Question 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavour

2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

Headlights will not come on.

Change switch but still no headlights, fuses OK.

All other outside lights work.

Can anyone help us?

Keep the Faith

Rich

Rich, do you have a smart wheel? Are there cruise control and wiper controls on your steering wheel? If so you have a smart wheel. Check for your controller. It is a black box, mine is located in the compartment with all of the 12 volt fuses, drivers side in front of the front wheel. Check to see if you have a burnt connector on, I believe no. 12.

If so your controller box is shot. I will find the mfgs name and post it here for you

Rich,

Since both headlights are inoperative, let me suggest you start investigating the power supply to the lamps.

1. With a good ground and a multi-tester or test lamp, check if you have power at the fuse block at the "upstream" side of the headlamp fuse. If so, test the fuse, then see if you have power ad the "downstream" side of the fuse block.

2. Similarly, test if you have power coming into the headlamp switch, and then whether the power is making it downstream to the headlight bulbs when the switch is turned "on".

3. If the tests above all come out positive, then check the headlamps for continuity (is power able to run through them). Thereafter, check if the circuit has a working ground.

If you follow a step-by-step approach like this, the source of the problem will probably turn up. Let us know what you find. I hope this helps.

Happy Travels,

Tim