Sign in to follow this  
tbutler

Excellent Seminars at Bowling Green

Several Seminars that I will recommend for all RV'ers if you haven't been to them already. These are my personal recommendations. My intent is not to take away from other excellent seminars at the convention. See: Conventions:Bowling Green:Seminars on the FMCA Home Page for a full listing of all seminars. I have attended all these seminars in the past. They are all safety oriented and they are worth your time and in one circumstance, your money. Most of these deal with hot topics on the forum. The convention in Bowling Green will be your opportunity to learn more about these important subjects.

FIRE & LIFE SAFETY IN YOUR RV, SEMINAR 14 - Monday 8:15a.m., Tuesday 3:00 p.m., Thursday 11:30 a.m. You must hear this presentation. Mac McCoy is an excellent presenter and the information is of life and death importance. I asked Louise to attend this seminar after I did. She was as impressed as I was with this seminar.

SUPPLEMENTAL TOWED CAR BRAKING, SEMINAR 3 - Monday 10:00 a.m. There are lots of questions about this on the forum and here is a chance to get the word from experts. The exhibitors at the convention are the presenters.

RV WEIGHT & TIRE SAFETY, SEMINAR 2 - Tuesday 9:45 a.m. If you haven't been to this seminar in the past, it is a must. You will learn how to determine your proper tire inflation pressure. Be sure to sign up for the coach weighing which is done on the last day of the convention. You will get individual weights for each wheel position on your motor home. This is the essential starting point for determining proper tire pressure.

RV DRIVING SAFETY PROGRAM, SESSION 1, SEMINAR 13 - 9:45 a.m. Tuesday and SESSION 2, Seminar 13 - 9:45 a.m. Wednesday. This is the best $20 and 6 hours you could spend at the convention. Three hours Tuesday, three hours Wednesday. If you own or drive an RV, you must attend this seminar and take notes! I blew a front tire at 55 miles per hour and suffered very little damage to the coach because I learned what was happening, why it happened and how to manage it in this seminar. Only one of dozens of things that are covered in these sessions. This seminar alone can make the whole convention worthwhile. Have I said enough? You may also be able to get a discount on your insurance with your certificate of completion for this course. Check with your insurance company.

Notice there are conflicts so you may not see all these in one year. Good reason to return next year! And just when you think you know it all, things change. If you haven't been to these seminars in several years it might be good to drop in again to find out what is new - or what you forgot you knew!

For those new to FMCA Conventions, a reminder: If this is your first FMCA convention, don't miss the ORIENTATION FOR FIRST-TIME ATTENDEES, SEMINAR 11 - Monday 11:45 a.m.

One final disclaimer: Check your convention program to verify dates and times of seminars. See you in Bowling Green!

The computer education seminars offered by Jim and Chris Guld, the FMCA.com Computer Geeks, are typically well received by FMCA convention attendees.

In Bowling Green, Jim and Chris will present seven different seminars:

• High Speed Internet for Rvers
  • Picasa -- Managing Digital Photos
  • Vista -- What’s New
  • Safe Computing
  • Every RVer Needs a Blog
  • Photostory 3 -- Professional looking Slideshows
  • Using Google Earth

Check the seminar schedule for dates, times and locations of these seminars.

Seminar descriptions can be found here.

The Gulds are also giving a hands-on Computer Boot Camp in three two-hour sessions from 5 to 7 p.m. Register starting on Monday at 7 a.m. in the Information Center. The cost is $60 for all six hours of instruction; class size is limited, so register early.