Sign in to follow this  
saxbuckeye

Liberty Harbor RV Park

Greetings All,

Has anyone visited Liberty Harbor RV park just outside of New York City?

We are interested in visiting, however they have a 50% non refundable deposit.

So we are looking to see if it is indeed worth looking into.

Any help or insight would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Clayton

Been there and done that.

By prepared....ain't nothing there at Liberty Harbor. Just a parking lot with water and 50amp hook up only. Need to drive your rig around to one central dump area in the parking lot. No frills. You go to lIberty harbor because it's the closest palce to park your rig to take the commuter rail to NY. Also, liberty harbor is also a place where NJ folks can drive and park their cars and then take the ferry over to NY.

Bathrooms are average if below. You have showers there, but again, they ain't pretty.

They do book up fast around the holidays and summers, so the 50% is non-refundable.

One last thing, you do have a view of the statue of liberty from Liberty Harbor. As I recall, if you stay in lot B3 or thereabouts, there will be no other rigs that will block your view of the Statue of Liberty. I could be wrong about the site number, but maybe you can download a map and confirm what I said. Also, need to push for your site....don't let them assign one to you....they'll hassle you about how they can't commit to a site, but there is leverage for you...just be assertive.

hope this helps!

Rob