Guest Wayne77590

We will be at Admiralty RV Resort, San Antonio Feb 21-26

Question

Guest Wayne77590

Taking Son and DIL on sightseeing in San Antonio, TX (we only live 250 miles from SA)

Staying at Admiralty RV Resort.

Drop in and say hello.

Wayne & Earlene

Edited: 2/26/2009

Back to the topic, Admiralty RV Resort.

I saw some bad press on this resort before coming here, but keeping with my "see for yourself," philosophy, we decided to broaden our horizons so to speak.

First was a call to Admiralty. Barbara (have not met here) was extremely cordial and helpful on the phone. (Hope I don't ruin a reputation with that comment). I indicated that I had a pet and she said she would try and get me near the doggie run. (they have two adjacent to each other which is convenient when some other pooch is busy in one.

On arrival day I was greeted, by name as being expected to come in, and very friendly and politely.

I made it a point to go into the office a few times to ask questions, and each time I was greeted with friendliness and courteously by different personnel.

So the posts in the reviews I read were most likely made by someone who may have approached those workers in a different way.

The sites are fairly level, cement, with an inlaid brick patio. Some sites are relatively close together and there are a few that have a little wider space than others. There is a small grass (not much rain in this area this year) to the left as you step out of your Coach onto the patio. To the right, in our site, are large gravel rocks (no sand) that are fairly easy to walk on. Our 40ft coach has just enough room in the back for the Saturn Vue to be parked.

There are planned activities, like tonight, Thursday, is bingo, but we have not participated in any of the activities. Mainly because we are tourin the area with our Son and Daughter-in-law. It's her first time in the United States so we are taking her on sight seeing adventures.

One of the items mentioned in the review I read was the "sticklyness" of the rules. Like if you are caught going the wrong way on a one way street, they will kick you out. Well, at check-in they tell you they will warn you once, and the second time you will be asked to leave. You know what! I can live with that. It is all about safety and it is all about following the rules. If you don't like the rules you could go some where that they are more relaxed. I guess some people just are in a hurry to leave the park to go get a hamburger and can't abide by the 7-1/2 MPH (Keep it at 10 or under) rules, or go the wrong way because it is 100 yards shorter. Well, to them I say - get a life!

Should the situation warrant it, we would stay in this park again.

If you have any personal questions to ask, send me an email or PM.

9 answers to this question

Guest Wayne77590

We enjoy the sights of SA and also enjoy Austin, but SA has more attractions.

We have arrived.

In Site 426.

Anytime we go to SA, we always visit the Shrine Of Texas. I have never been there that it hasn't caused solemn thoughts. I truly love San Antonio de Valero Mission and what it stands for.

The best gift I have ever received is a Texas Flag that flew over the Alamo on September 1, 2008, from my DW. We officially became Texans on Aug 31, 2008.

Tried getting to Texas since 1836, just took the long way around.

Anyway, enjoy San Antonio de Bexar or Bejar.........

Guest Wayne77590

Ah Eplorer! The History of Texas is a wonderful thing. I'm a transplant. I lived in Massachusetts the first 18 years of my life, but it was an accident of birth.

However, my wife is a native Texan, and here many great grandfathers down the line is John Himes Livergood. I'll let you do a search are read about him, but he was on the Meir Expedition, and also was the first Justic of Lavaca County, and a Texas Ranger.

Guest Wayne77590

SO much history that is so facinating. I could spend hours linking around reading about it.

Thanks.

One of the best hx books I have read is Lone Star, its also one of the most difficult hx books starts way before Texas was Tejas,,,,covers the geological, and earliest known inhabitants.

Then goes through Texas hx into the mid 1900's. I have read it 3 times and will again,,,,,(slow learner),,,every read I learn something new..

Also,,,even though it contains both historical and fictional accounts,,,,,Michener's TEXAS,,,,the book and the movie are really interesting and enjoyable.

Another interesting Texas book,,,,is the one published for Tourists, which covers the towns and cities of Texas, gives hx information, and some stats.

Actually,,,,I got Lone Star as a Christmas gift years back from one of my son's,,,,before we ever seriously thought of moving to Texas.

Guess we all have a little cowboy in us.