Sign in to follow this  
kenk0001

Is Champion Motorhomes Still In Business?

I am trying to find out if Champion Motorhomes are still in business, or if they morphed into another company. I am buying an older 35' Class A and want to restore it (its in good shape now, but just needs updating)....

Can anyone point me in the right direction in tracing the company history?

Ken Welcome to the Forum. Champion Purchased a company called Farin Ultrastar and it was sold or taken over by Champion. If you are looking at an Ultrastar it is a very well made Coach. We had a 28' on a P30 chassis with a 454 Chevrolet. The only problem we had was that it kept throwing the AC Belt. I finaly found out that they had put it on the wrong grove in th pully. Corrected that and all was OK. I do not beleive they are still in business.

Herman

There is a company up in Lapeer, MI that still makes Champion buses. These are the smaller buses on the van cutaways. I don't know that they carry anything of the Motorhomes though. I go past it because I have a daughter that lives near there. After giving a little more thought it may be Imlay City and not Lapeer. The 2 are close together.