Sign in to follow this  
bevclegg

Towing a 2007 Honda Fit

I have a 2007 Honda Fit, FWD, with 5 speed manual transmission. I am getting mixed answers as to it being towable. If it has the same transmission as a 2011 it should be fine, but I don't know how to find that out. Does any one flat tow a 2007 Honda Fit, such as mine, or do I need a dolly?

I have a 2009 Honda Fit automatic that is towable four down. I have towed it more than 20K mies with no issues. There is a specific procedure that must be followed prior to towing. If you have access to a Owners Manual for the 2007 it should provide the information you need. Mine is approved for towing by Honda. It would seem that if an automatic can be flat towed a manual shift should be towable.

I checked my Owners Manual and here is what it states for manual transmission models:

1. Move the shifter into neutral position.

2. Release the parking brake.

3. Leave the ignition switch in the ACCESSORY (I) position so the steering wheel does not lock. Make sure the radio and any items plugged into the accessory power sockets are turned off so you do not run down the battery.

4. When you stop towing your vehicle and shift out of the neutral position you may not be able to move the shift lever from neutral to reverse or park. If this happens, press the brake pedal and turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position, then shift out of neutral.

These instructions are for the 2009 model Fit. Similar instructions should be found in a 2007 Owners Manual.

Hope this helps. The Fit is a great tow car and is one of the best cars I have owned.

Good luck with your towing.

tlight

2008 Winnebago Voyage towing 2009 Honda Fit