zorro2kita

Missing Fresh Water Vent Plug

I have a 2003Fleetwood Pace Arrow - new to me -- First Trip out - Went to fill the fresh water tank via the city water access - filled nicely but then started to overflow at the external gravity fill - I have the cap - Non pressure for RV - 222 R & B -- but I do not have the vent plug to seal the system so the city water access can pressurize the system --

Owners Manual no help - anybody know what the correct vent plug is ?? The diameter of the cap is approx 1 3/4 "

Checked CW - their products do not look like they will work --

Thanks All - overflowing in SC -

zorro,

I have a 2002 Monaco that has an external fill port. It has a regular garden hose cap on it. Your water tank is not pressurize. Your water pressure comes from the pump and a check valve the prevent the water from flowing back into the tank. Your water tank has a vent to allow the water to flow to the pump or to gravity drain the tank. If your water tank did not have a vent, the sides would be sucked in as you got water with the pump.

Herman -- Thank you so much !!

Problem resolved !! After filling the Water tank, I did NOT return the bypass valve to Normal - The signage is gone on this valve -

Anyway, after turning the bypass valve to Normal, all is as it should be --

Thank you for your plumbing assistance --

NIck in SC