Xplorer

Ready Brake

Here is the question I sent to Ready Brake:

Optin: checkbox

Title: RV-OWNER

Comments:

I have a 2008 Jeep Liberty 4x4 Sport, and after reviewing the installation

instructions for the ready brake, it appears as though it may not be possible to

install the front aircraft wire loop to the front of the Liberty due to the new

Liberty design.Can you make any suggestions for installing the ready brake loop

connection on the Liberty?I have a Blue Ox base plate installed.Thank you in

advance for any suggestions. I like the readybrake concept, but am concerned

that I am unable to install/or have it installed due to the Liberty design.

Here is their response:

This has been put on alot of Jeep Liberty's and worked very well. My guy that puts these on for me here has done alot of them those are one of the easier installs. I know it will be just fine. I do not have any suggestions of where to route the cable we do not keep track to many different vehicle's.

Night Shift Auto

129 N. Kentucky

Iola, KS 66749

Ph: 800-933-3372

Fax: 620-365-7488

I was hoping for more substance, or I didn't phrase the question correctly. I appreciate getting a quick response, and I don't want to be too critical about the response,,,,maybe I was expecting a magic answer, but this response doesn't help me, nor does it provide enough confidence to order the readybrake.

Anyway,,,,Does anyone have any suggestions, and/or experience with the installation of the readybrake on the new Liberty design.

Although, I am going to start looking closer at some other options,,,,,I still like the readybrake concept. Is there another company that manufactures this type of braking device?

I've used a Even Brake Towed Car Braking System on a Jeep Wrangler and now on my Chev. Colorado Pickup truck. I've been verrry happy with this system. Easy to install and use. Go to the Roadmaster site and check it out.

Thanks,,,

I think that was one I looked at also,,,if I remember correctly,,,isn't it tapped into the MH brake line to work?

Thanks again,,,I'll take another look