Sign in to follow this  
Xplorer

Thousand Trails Zone Pass Cancellation- Final Outcome

To start, we consider TT Zone Pass a good value for us under normal circumstances; However...

Next year our plans have changed and we will be doing non-stop volunteering, and the TT Zone Pass will not be a good value for us next year. We won't be able to use it.

I knew when I purchased the Zone Pass: I suspected cancelling the Zone Pass with TT may be a hassle; otherwise why would they require automatic renewal?

I READ THE CONTRACT BEFORE PURCHASING, so no surprise.; which is why I want to ensure I comply with the provisions of the contract relating to cancellation, and document my efforts towards this end.

In accordance with the contract I sent a letter (certified) to TT parent Corporation in Chicago on September 19, 2012. I didn't want them to have the opportunity to deny receiving the letter when renewal time arrived.

I also sent a message through the TT website requesting confirmation of my cancellation request.

I have also sent 3 emails to the Sales Agent, without any acknowledgement or response.

Contact with the Sales agent is based on the following excerpts from our online chat prior to purchasing the TT Zone Pass:

John1:18:24 PM

ok, one more question, or rather comment. I'm not too excited about the automatice renewal., and having to send a letter at least 30 days prior to renewal if I choose not to renew for any reason, health, etc.

Maggie1:20:36 PM

you can call in if you decide not to renew John we have many that do that, we are here to work with you

John1:21:12 PM

Oh, ok that makes me a little more comfortable, because what TT is offering is a good value.

Although I have sent the 3 emails; My next step is to contact the Sales Agent by Telephone to request acknowledgement and confirmation of my request to cancel. However, a telephone call would not necessarily document a request for cancellation.

In all fairness, I started this process about one month ago.

Hopefully, they will process and handle the cancellation request professionally and in accordance with their contract.

HOWEVER, I do have a backup plan in the event I do not receive acknowledgement of cancellation.

I will give them the benefit of some time to respond, before implementing my backup plan.

Although I still consider the TT Zone Pass a good value for us, when able to use it: how TT handles my request for cancellation will determine whether I use TT in the Future.

I'll report the final results regarding my cancellation of the TT Zone Pass. It may help others in their decision.

Response received from Thousand Trails as result of Email request as followup to certified letter.

Your cancellation request has been received and is being processed.

Thank You!

Member Services

Equity Lifestyle Properties

Thousand Trails - Naco - Leisure Time - Outdoor World - MidAtlantic

Po Box 26

Gautier, MS 39553

Our Call Center is open Monday thru Friday 8am - 6pm CST

Phone: 800-388-7788

Fax: 228-497-8560

Email: Member_Services@Equitylifestyle.com

It appears as though the cancellation will be accomplished painlessly, as it should. At least now, I know their process appears to work.

It won't be necessary to do a followup call with the Sales Agent, per our original conversation as noted above.

I still don't like the automatic renewal for anything. Although it has gone smoothly, the auto renewal policy may cause me to reconsider renewal of the Zone Pass in the future. It could still be a hassle to fix if the CC is charged even though cancellation is processed. It will depend if the value outweighs the auto renewal. End of Story, unless a problem arises during the cancellation process.

Call whichever card services you used and advise them of the situation and to not pay the next request from that company.

Would that work?

Unfortunately banks can't or won't place blocks on the CC. Dealt with something similar in the past.

What can be done is a lost card, reissued with a new number, no future charges on the old card.

Last Resort if I determine they will charge the card.

However, with the certified letter and TT acknowledging receipt of cancellation, I believe I could successfully dispute any charges.

Unless there is a loop hole I missed, but it would not be in TT best interest to play those kind of games.

At this point I will assume they are reputable, and have honored request to cancel.

Time will tell.

Received written notification that my TT membership will expire at the end of my current date, and additional membership fees will not be charged.

Glad to see the system worked according to the contract.

Makes it easier for me to reconsider another membership in the future.