Sign in to follow this  
peanutandskippy2

Replace Old TV

I have a 2005 Patriot Thunder that had a 37 inch monitor as the TV in the drop down in the living area. I have replaced the monitor with a 42 inch Samsung. Since the old screen was a monitor how do I connect the new TV to the roof antenna and the cable line? The coach has a Sony amp which must also be the old tuner for the monitor, and a Sharp tuner which runs the surround sound and plays the DVD.

The sat receiver is new DirectTV and is not HD because of the very small space for the receiver. The HD receiver is too long to fit in the cubbyhole. The coach originally came with the Hughes system which no longer worked.

I currently have the new TV connected to the new Sony Blu-Ray with HDMI cable and it works great. The sat reciever is connected to the TV with the tri-cable and it works good.

The roof antenna and the shore cable line are next to be connected to the TV. Since I am not now connected to a cable system can I hook a portable antenna to the shore cable connection on the outside of the coach to produce a signal that I can use to find the correct line in the coach?

I believe you are asking if you can use the "park cable" connection in the RV to connect an external satellite TV antenna. If so, the answer is no and yes. No, you cannot do this without making some cabling changes and yes, if you can locate the other end of that cable and move it so that it connects directly to the back of the satellite receiver. If your Patriot has a Video Control Center where you can push a button to select TV, Cable, Aux, VCR, etc., you just need to disconnect the cable in the back of this box labeled Cable In and move it to your satellite receiver. If you have some other setup let us know and we might be able to give you the necessary instructions.