murphydc

Freightliner Chassis

murphydc,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Best advice is to read your chassis manual-- there is a section in the back on recommended chassis maintenance schedules.

Basic maintenance is on an annual (one year) basis for oil and filter, chassis lube, check SCA level in coolant, etc.

My sister and I bought a new to us 2007 Dodge/2008 RS Roadtrek Adventuress, so it stays at Houston or Austin Texas.

It seems that the Adventuress is also referred to as a NCV3, a Freightliner and can have maintenance done for more money at a Mercedes dealer. But what advantages are they, and are any TRUE?

The only maintenance I know of on the Roadtrek side is the Onan generator oil change, and a Electric step malfunction--so where do I take it for those fixes? Really hate to sound so dumb, but there is a Paradise extended warranty--so where does that go?

Also are their any newbie info checklists out there?

Sincere--and thanks

JoAnna

JoAnna,

With an extended service policy, best answer is to call the extended service policy company and ask them for THEIR recommendation for shops in your area they work with. That should smooth out the process and verify that they will cover the repair. Oil change on the generator-- just about anyone who can hold a wrench (assuming you have access to the drain plug (and oil filter IF equipped).