Sign in to follow this  
mdawdy712

Radio/Cig Lighter Problem

New owner of 2003 Dolphin LX 6320. On first long road trip and dashboard radio and cig. lighter went out. Problem began when parked and hooked up to shore power. Radio began making wierd beeping sound. Could not get it to turn off so unplugged it. Went to start engine and battery was dead. Jump started and on way to next stop, noticed cig. lighter was dead as well.

Suspect fuse but for the life of me, can't find the location of the fuse for these items. Is it in panel beneath the dash or in the electrical compartment to right of the front door?

Also, could there be relationship between beeping sound from radio and dead engine battery?

Mdawdy

Think your Coach is built on a Workhorse chassis, the fuse block / box for the chassis information mentions under hood. So it could be anywhere, I would look under the dash and under the doghouse on the drivers side. The box was located on the drivers side of the engine in all the cases I know of on the deliver trucks built on this chassis.

Hope that helps Rich.

From the information I have the Power Distribution information is on Sheet # 10 of there wire drawings. Wish I had the drawings, but this could prove helpful.

Edited 2-7-2013 8:30 PM

Mdawdy, Turn on the turn signal and listen for the flasher unit clicking, Some of the Workhorse chassis used a fuse panel like in any standard GM truck. If you find it then look for a 30 amp fuse (Aux circuit) This feeds power to the lighter / aux circuit and the radio system on some models.